- Key Resources
- Smart Contracts
- Important URLs
- Dooplicator Friendy Overview
- Self-Custody Dooplication
- Dooplicator Marketplace
- Secondary Marketplaces
- Flow Wallets
- Doodles 2 Beta Pass
- Doodles 2 Wearables
- Rarity Economics for Dooplicating Doodles
- Dooplicator Technical Overview
- Important Functions
- Metadata Considerations
- Known Limitations
- The Team
Doodles 2 Wearables
Gaia Marketplace (Wearbles)
Gaia Marketplace (Beta Pass)
Dooplicator Friendy Overview
Doodles 2 will allow anyone to express themselves in a one-of-a-kind style with new customizable characters and equipable wearables. The Dooplicator, which was a free claim for all OG Doodles holders, will be activated on January 31, 2023. The Dooplicator's initial function, or 'charge', allows it to utilize an OG Doodle to create wearables for Doodles 2. These will be some of the rarest wearables within Doodles 2. But that's not the device's only function. Planned updates to the Dooplicator's firmware will allow Dooplicators—even used ones—to be utilized in new and different ways. These new Dooplication charges will unlock for owners who hang onto their Dooplicators in the future.
The Dooplicator Marketplace enables (1) Doodles owners to sell the rights to dooplicate their traits as Doodles 2 wearables; and (2) Dooplicator owners to buy the rights from Doodles owners to dooplicate their respective traits as Doodles 2 wearables. Each Doodle and Dooplicator on ethereum can be used in dooplication for the initial set of OG wearables once.
Purchase the right to doop someone else’s Doodle
Sell the right to doop your Doodle
After dooplicating, Doodles 2 wearables and Doodles 2 beta passes on Flow can be traded on secondary marketplaces like Gaia. A link to view your new wearables on Gaia will be presented to you after completing dooplication. Doodles 2 collectibles can be transacted on Gaia in USD and $FLOW. (How to: Transfer ETH to your Dapper Balance).
During the dooplication process, you will be prompted to create a Dapper Wallet. Wearables live on the Flow blockchain, and Dapper makes it easy to experience Doodles 2. While the Doodles 2 user experience will be optimized for custodial wallet users, you can transfer wearables to any non-Dapper Flow wallet whenever you like.
- For more information on setting up a Dapper Wallet: Getting started with Dapper.
- For best practices with using non-custodial Flow wallets: Self-Custody Dooplication
Dapper Wallet and KYC
There are select instances where KYC will be required when using a Dapper Wallet:
- When the account hits a threshold of financial activity from purchases and sales.
- When submitting a first request to withdraw a Dapper Balance to your bank account.
- When multiple Dapper accounts are created from the same device.
- When a Dapper risk analyst flags an account for suspicious activity (<0.5% of total KYC).
- When there is a pre-existing KYC request that is outstanding.
Doodles 2 Beta Pass
Beta passes grant its owners early private beta access into Doodles 2. The private beta is intended for us to build features and solicit feedback from our early access community. Currently, 33k beta passes can exist but this number may change in the future. Doodles 2 beta passes are serialized in minting order. There are no unique traits associated with them beyond this.
Doodles 2 Wearables
- Position - The body position for where a wearable will be worn in Doodles 2.
- Set - The collection that a wearable is part of.
- Tag - Most wearables are tagged by their color. Additional tags may be introduced in the future.
Rarity Economics for Dooplicating Doodles
When dooplicating a Doodle, the rarity level of the Dooplicator used will impact the number of items that are generated in dooplication. A Very Common Dooplicator, for instance, will produce 1x wearables for a Doodle, while a Rare Dooplicator will produce 3x the volume of wearables.
This means that there aren’t fixed totals for the number of each wearable that will end up in circulation, but rather a set of maximums and minimums based upon the combinations of different Dooplicator rarity levels used, and added variability when accounting for holders that elect not to use their Doodle or Dooplicator in dooplication. As such, we’ve elected not to define rarity on-chain, but instead let the number of traits in circulation speak for itself. New sets of wearables will be introduced over time, including via the Genesis Box and subsequent partnership drops.
Rarity economics may change with new Dooplicator charges.
Dooplicator Technical Overview
The Dooplication smart contract (not to be confused with the Dooplicator’s NFT smart contract) allows Doodles to create new utilities for Doodles. To create new utility, we require
- a pre-existing NFT smart contract
dooplicate- function that is called when performing a dooplication. it expects to have an approved dooplication contract that is specified
- Dooplicator Id
- Dooplicator vault - allows delegated wallets (via delegate.cash) to dooplicate by specifying a single vault. Dooplication combining multiple vaults are not supported
- Token ID
- Token Contract (address)
- Address on the other side (address)
- Data (currently unused)
approveForDooplication- allows users to approve others for Dooplication
addApprovedContract- allows us to add new ERC-721 smart contracts for Dooplication
The Dooplicator is an endless utility NFT. Its utility is conveyed through its charges. Charges are one-time consumable through the act of Dooplication. Because of this, Dooplicators require dynamic metadata so that we can accurately display available and used charges to better inform marketplace users. As we add new utilities with new product releases or collaborations new charges will appear on your Dooplicators.
When shopping for a Dooplicator, we recommend everyone use our checker tool to get the latest, up-to-date information on its charge availability. Keep in mind, there is always a small chance that the charge is consumed the moment you send a purchase transaction.
- Ensure that metadata can be dynamically published upon mint.
- Anticipate a long dail of Doodles 2 wearables and beta pass mints. Not every Doodle will be dooplicated at the same time, and some users may choose never to dooplicate.
- New sets of wearables will be released in the future.
- Metadata will be expanded in the future in conjunction with the Genesis Box reveal.
- Dooplication currently does not support blended delegations, or scenarios where a user is trying to dooplicate with NFTs on multiple accounts. We hope to include support for scenarios like this in the near future.
Burnt Toast aka Scott Martin
Mushy aka Luc Nguyen
Poopie aka Jordan Castro
Tulip aka Evan Keast
French Loaf aka Noah Davis
NFTSantana aka Ivan S
Protein aka Wei H.
Vain aka Adil